Organic Pomegranate Powder
Ingredients: pure powdered organic Pomegranate juice, 8% organic tapioca as a flow agent
Country of Origin: USA
Qualities: Pomegranate juice has high levels of antioxidants including polyphenols such as tannins and anthocyanins.
Common Use: Dissolve in water or juice, mix into smoothies, raw fudge or chocolate, fermented sodas, and desserts.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry, dark place in an airtight container. Refrigeration not required.
Large size: 454g/1lb
- Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory effects that may protect against cancer and other chronic diseases.6-7
- Pomegranate has anti-angiogenic properties, meaning that they may help to prevent growing tumors from acquiring a blood supply, preventing those tumors from receiving the nutrients that would allow them to grow larger.8-10
- Pomegranate is one of the few foods (mushrooms are another) that contain natural aromatase inhibitors. This means that they inhibit the production of estrogen, which can reduce breast cancer risk.11
- After treatment for prostate cancer, two studies have shown that pomegranate juice or supplements slowed the increase in PSA.12
- Pomegranate phytochemicals reduce LDL oxidation (a contributor to atherosclerotic plaque development).13
- Pomegranate phytochemicals have blood pressure-reducing properties.14-15
- In a study of patients with severe carotid artery blockages, after one ounce of pomegranate juice daily for one year, there was a 30 percent reduction in atherosclerotic plaque. In striking contrast, in the participants who did not take the pomegranate juice atherosclerotic plaque increased by 9 percent.13
- Pomegranate supplements taken before and after surgery prevented the postoperative memory dysfunction associated with coronary artery bypass or heart valve surgery.16
- In those with mild memory complaints, individuals drinking pomegranate juice daily performed better on a memory task compared to placebo and displayed increased brain activation measured by functional MRI.17